Wednesday, February 25, 2015

St. Lucia!

St. Lucia was our next stop on our southern Caribbean cruise with Carnival! St. Lucia is so gorgeous and lush! It's different than any other island that I've visited. It's very mountainous and it even has a drive-in volcano (which we definitely visited!)

If I had one word to describe St. Lucia it would be majastic. If you ever visit, you will see what I mean. 


I couldn't wait to see the pitons! As soon as I spotted them I excitedly asked the tour guide to pull off of the side of the road. The pitons are located between Soufrière and Choiseul on the western side of the island. The pitons overlook the deep blue Caribbean water and the colorful village of St. Lucia. 






Our tour guide (a local) took us to some of the the fishing villages in St. Lucia. The island is definitely one of the poorest islands that I've visited. Tourism to St. Lucia is vital. Hopefully tourism will continue to grow and St. Lucia will flourish.
The drive-in volcano in Sulphur Springs was incredible. You can see the middle of the crater of the volcano, which emits steam and sulfur with boiling mud and water bubbling away, It's kind of crazy! Yes, it does smell, but luckily we weren't there for very long.



You can also take a "mud bath" in the springs. The water is not too hot, but hotter than your average bath water. The mud contains volcanic minerals which is suppose to make your skin feel super soft. Since we were here for a tour, we skipped this part. I would want to try it if we ever go back!




Q: Would I visit St. Lucia again?

A: If I ever go back I would stay at Sugar Beach - A Viceroy Resort. It's located between the two pitons!



Q: Would I consider buying a condo in St. Lucia?

A: As of now, I would not consider buying a condo in St. Lucia since it's not very developed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to ask :o)