Tuesday, March 22, 2011

weekend thrifting

This weekend I went to some thrift stores to browse around & I found 2 wonderful books! They are now residing on our coffee table. The best part is, I bought them both for a total of $2.50! The first book shown has some amazing tips for gardening. I CANNOT wait to get started on planting flowers! A few people from church gave us bags & bags {literally!!} of narcissus (the yellow flower that always pops up first in the spring time!) we planted them all, or so I thought until I found 2 {Wal-Mart} bags full of bulbs. I looked inside the bag and saw that they were blooming inside the plastic bag! How cool is that? Calvin & I planted the rest. Needless to say, our yard is going to be full of yellow happy flowers in the Springtime... & I wouldn't want it any other way! ;)







This is the second book I bought, it has absolutely breathtaking pictures of roses. I googled & found that many people tear the pages out & use them as artwork. For now, I am leaving the pages inside the book. It's just too cute of a book!


I also went in Tuesday Morning to browse {you know what happens when ya browse haha!} and I found this book! I didn't add it to my book list the other day because I was trying to put all books that would be under $15 including shipping & handling & this book cost more than that used. I picked it up, turned it over, and there it was before my eyes.... $9.99!! I couldn't believe it! Brand new, still in the plastic cover for $9.99!




Then, I received an adorable cupcake magazine that my mom bought for me in the mail! The funny thing is, when I am in line at the store, I always pick it up & browse through it. Thank you mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they make my day. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to ask :o)